Saturday, December 03, 2005

Campus After Midnight, Addendum: MoMo's KTV & Tea Station

Posting Location: University Village.



Breaking the somewhat-formal style I adopted for the essay, I'm going to rant a bit about another late-night entertainment option I found off-campus: MoMo's KTV. University Plaza isn't exactly within easy walking distance of campus, but those of you with a car will find it less than 15 minutes away, and of course anyone in University Village is within easy walking distance of it. As a result of this it slipped by my near-campus survey, but it really deserves mention, as it's one of the few non-club, non-bar entertainments in the campus area open past midnight.

I mentioned Pochi Bubble Tea in my rant on High Street's food options after midnight. MoMo's has much the same fare, minus the solid food snacks. However, MoMo's makes up for the loss of food with two unique features: Karaoke and a Japanese gift shop. The karaoke I suspect might be of a greater interest to those looking for entertainment past midnight. The place has a common area in front with a fish tank, some coffee tables and couches, but that's not where the karaoke takes place. There are ten rooms that can be rented for hourly rates that vary with the size of the room, the time of day, and the day of the week, and it's in these that people can croon tonelessly to what appears to be a huge variety of songs.

I didn't try the karaoke myself, but I can vouch for the bubble tea they serve; it's at least as good as Pochi's, and unlike that place MoMo's is open past 2:00 AM (open past 5:00 AM, if I read the hours right). I wouldn't recommend walking there past midnight unless you're with a reasonably-sized group and have a lot of time to kill, but if you have a car, or don't mind the walk, I'd say it's a great place to spend time past the chime hour.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home